Global Citizen Year Fellows represent a cross-section of racial, gender, and socio-economic diversity. Yet despite their varied backgrounds, all Fellows share a hunger for learning, a willingness to be challenged, and a deep desire to better understand the world and their own place within in it.
Global Citizen Year is a 10-month program designed specifically for high school graduates who have not yet started college. We require that all Fellows:
- Have a high school diploma or GED by the first day of the program;
- Have not yet started full-time college coursework;
- Pass a basic physical and mental health medical screening;
- Obtain parent or guardian permission for participation (additional forms are required for participants under the age of 18).
- Have U.S. Citizenship/Dual Citizenship/Legal Permanent Residency (unless applying through our partnership with the United World College)
To participate in the Lang/Global Citizen Year Fellowship, applicants must also be admitted to and enroll at the Eugene Lang College at the New School.