Kalea Moore ecuador 2013
Kalea was born and raised in Arizona. She is active in her community, and has been a member of youth ministry for the last four years. She loves to sing and make music in her free time. She is very passionate about service work, and being accepted to Global Citizen Year is one of the highlights of her life, and she looks forward to making the most of this experience.
Getting my Joy Back.
March 28, 2013
memories/ how i waz when i waz there/ you cant have them or do nothin wit them/” -ntozake shange. “For coloured girls who have considered suicide when the rainbow is enuf” 9am: Wake up 9am-10:30am: Get Sunday ready 10:30am-11am: Drive to church 11am-1pm: Sit in church 1pm-1:30pm: Talk with my church family 1:30pm-2pm: Drive home 2pm-whenever: Family time Being raised in a religious family this was my schedule mostly every Sunday. It was routine….up until August 19th, 2012 Sunday was the day I…Read the rest »
High, Low, High GO!
February 27, 2013
December 5, 2012
It’s The Little Things.
November 19, 2012
- Playing soccer in the rain.
- Seeing a double rainbow on a bad day.
- Watching a loving bother hug his baby sister.
- Listening to a grandfather tell his granddaughter the story of Red Riding Hood (and letting her make some up as he goes along).
- Showing your 4 year old host sister one of your favorite Disney movies (Princess and the frog) and even though it’s in Spanish you know all the words and all the songs!
- Your 4 year old host sister telling you she loves you before you go to sleep at night and leave in the morning.